Friday, December 16, 2011

The Desi Knot Loves # 1 Home Edition

Happy Friday Everyone! Here is our first installment of the 'The Desi Knot Loves'. This is just a series of posts that I will do from time to time showing you some of the decor, entertainment, and design ideas that I am loving at the moment. Most of these will be ideas that can be easily recreated, so they may not need to have an entire blog post dedicated to them. Thus, 'The Desi Knot Loves' is a quick little synopsis of these ideas so you can pick up an array of inspiration all in one go. Also, I will try to provide links wherever possible, so you can further research the ideas that appeal to you. I hope you like this and let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve this post! Have a lovely weekend!

1. This week it is finally getting cold where I live. I haven't decided if this makes me happy or sad yet, but we just got our first snowfall last night and it looks so pretty. Anyways, I have been obsessing over knit bedding lately. It is so darn cute and would be so cozy in the wintertime. So, I am officially on the hunt to find something like this. If anyone wants to knit me a set, I would gladly give you my address :)


2. Something I have been obsessed with ever since I saw it last year at a staged house is chalkboard paint! The home that I was at had chalkboard walls in their child's playroom which I thought was brilliant, but the room also had carpeting and let me tell you (chalk + kids + carpeting = a big fat disaster)! I like that this room has hard wood floors even though it is not a child's room. This wall is not only perfect for leaving little messages and doodles, but also has a very sophisticated aesthetic and makes for a gorgeous statement wall in the bedroom.

3. Don't you just love this idea? It's a collage of polaroids arranged in a heart shape (above a bed in case you cannot see). And, it is adorable. Need I say more?


4. Ok, not only am I going crazy over the bright yellow canvas and hot pink coffee table and pig against the otherwise gray room, but the real attention-grabber for me was the wall of books. It reminds me of the library in Beauty and the Beast. If only all men surprised us with mahusive libraries in our homes. Hmm...a girl can dream right?


5. One word. eclectic. I have a confession to make. I have just discovered this word in terms of decor last week and it has already changed my life. I feel like I have hit the jackpot of interior decor. I did some google searching and I believe that the best and simplest way to explain eclectic style is to say it is the genre of decor that is defined by its exuberant self-confidence. It is a mix of high and low, new and old. Do you you notice that the items in this room are not so attractive on their own. But, the way they have been artfully combined here makes this room brilliant. What do you think? Is it amazing or does it lack structure?

No comments: