Friday, November 30, 2012

Today Is Not My Day...

...tomorrow doesn't look too great either.

I woke up today with good intentions. I figured since I didn't have a class to go to or any immediate deadlines, I would do something I don't often have the time to do: CLEAN. So, I made up my mind that I was going to clean the kitchen top to bottom. I wiped all the counters, washed the dishes, polished the sink, swept the floor, you get the picture.

Perfect. Well almost. I spotted a white styrofoam takeout box sitting next to the toaster.

"Ok, no big deal", I thought to myself. "I'll just stick this in the refrigerator and then everything will be perfect".

Boy, was I wrong! As I reached to pick up the box, water gushed out of the box onto the entire counter and all over the floor. And, I'm not talking about ordinary water. This was straight up feta water. For those of you who have had feta cheese before, you know that soaking it in water helps to keep it moist and lower the sodium content. And, you also know that as good as feta may TASTE, the SMELL is heinous!

So, by now the aroma of feta had dispersed into the entire kitchen along with tiny chunks of feta everywhere.

Great. Back to square one.

So, after drying, disinfecting, and polishing, I realized I should probably stick to school work...and that feta cheese smells way too nasty to be considered edible. Well, that was my Friday morning. How was your day?

P.S. There is no real moral to this story. Just thought I would share it and enjoy the humor of the situation rather than get frustrated over my clumsiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a hilarious story! Do more like these;)

Anonymous said...

Didn't you see the box when you wiped the counters?!