|The sunrise from my bedroom window|
Some time ago, I did the '20 Questions Tag' on the blog. If you are interested, you can read that by clicking here. I got a request do more posts about me, so I decided to compile a list of 50 (interesting?) facts you probably didn't know about me before. It was fun to sit down and dig my cranial matter for these and I hope you enjoy reading them! So, here we go!
1. I am an aries, but I don’t believe in horoscopes.
2. I was named by my favorite person in the world and I love my name.
3. One of my favorite books of all time is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It is a great tale of friendship and sacrifice. I can read it over and over again.
4. I could sit in a busy place and people-watch for hours.
5. When I am tired, my eyes water uncontrollably, so people tend to think I am crying even though I am perfectly fine.
6. I am double jointed in my thumbs, so I can make them look really funny if I want to freak someone out.
7. I was in a really bad car accident with my mom when I was young. To this day, I am the most jumpy/paranoid passenger ever. I really prefer to be in the driver seat.
8. I love desserts. When I meet people who don’t like dessert and ESPECIALLY chocolate, I wonder if they can really be trusted ;)
9. I am not afraid of spiders at all.
10. I didn’t know what I wanted to study at university and I made my decision based off of a character from a reality TV show. I am thoroughly satisfied with my decision.
11. I really, really love being around people. I love hearing the constant buzz of people talking, but sometimes I get too excited being around them, so I have to tune it out for a bit, calm down, and get back into it.
12. I used to practice Bikram and I was pretty good at it. I don’t know why I stopped.
13. I’m very easily startled in “real life”, but I love watching scary movies.
14. When I was in middle school, I almost got suspended from school for scanning my face in the computer lab scanner. When I got called to the principal’s office, she was sitting there with my dad and a manila envelope. She asked me to open it and inside was 8.5” x 11” scan of my face. I screamed out of shock.
15. I love art and making things. I have been artistic for as long as I can remember.
16. I absolutely LOVE to travel! Far away is great, but I also love seeing new places nearby just as much. I don’t believe you have to go to a far off land to have an enjoyable time.
17. Unlike every other girl on the planet, I actually don’t like pumpkin spiced lattes, at all.
18. When I like a song, I will play it on repeat over and over again until I don’t like it anymore. If I just love it too much, I will avoid listening to it, so that I don’t ever stop liking it.
19. My first pet was called pinky. He/she was a pink goldfish.
20. During my teenage years, I went through a major bronzer phase as a result of watching The Hills. I have heavy photographic documentation of this phase and I am not embarrassed by it.
21. I love horses! I cannot put my adoration for them into words, so I will leave it at this, I love horses.
22. I’m secretly very bad at math, well actually just numbers in general too. I suppose it’s not really a secret. If you know me, you will know this about me.
23. Although I do dabble into a lot of interests, I don’t believe I have one true talent and I am ok with that.
24. Dogs hate me. I don’t know why, they just do.
25. I am really good at giving advice, but horrible at following my own advice.
26. I have wanted to get the ombre effect done on my hair ever since it became trendy, but haven’t had the courage to actually get it done. Mainly because I am terrified of color/bleaching damage.
27. When I was about four, my dad ran over my foot with a car. Yes, it was completely by accident and no, I was not a big girl about it.
28. Growing up, I had a lot of math tutors. They would come over on the weekends. I would go to them after school. I dreaded it and none of them were able to work their magic on me.
29. I much prefer making food at home and knowing exactly what is in it/ how it was made than going to a restaurant.
30. I am quite the cry baby. If I see someone crying, I also start crying even if I don’t know what they are crying about.
31. I think that the southwest salad from McDonald’s is ridiculously delicious.
32. I have really bad FOMO. There are a lot of things I do simply because I am afraid of what I could be missing out on.
33. When I was younger, I wanted to be a librarian or a grocery store cashier when I grew up.
34. I strongly dislike flip flops and I would not wear them even inside of my house.
35. I used to have a pet turtle named Otis, but a few months ago he ran away from home and hasn't come back yet.
36. I consider myself to be a very girly girl. I adore getting dressed up. I love makeup and jewelry and fashion. I don’t think I have a single tomboyish bone in my body.
37. I love going to baseball games, but I don’t understand the game.
38. I still have my first doll. Her name is Dorothy and she is missing an eyeball, but I still love her just the same.
39. When I was sixteen, I cut front bangs in my own hair. I would never do it again, but I didn’t regret it for a moment. I just NEEDED to know what it was like to have front bangs.
40. I am a very excitable person about everything in general, but especially with plans. The feeling of looking forward to and planning for something is just as exciting as the thing itself for me.
41. Freshly painted nails make me very happy. Between my sisters and I, we own an inhumane amount of nail polishes and nail art supplies. But if it were just up to me, I could be satisfied with five colors. If you are wondering, they are baby pink, red, lilac, black, and white. Yes, I have thought this through thoroughly.
42. When I went to Germany, I bought a piece of the Berlin Wall to bring home with me. I was the cause for many a laugh after that because everyone kept saying I had paid good money for a fragment of a brick.
43. I have always, and still do, dream of living on a farm with animals and crops. I am totally about that “living off the land” life. Sigh.
44. I absolutely love sending and receiving letters. I have kept every single letter I have ever received in its original envelope in a box in my room.
45. Last year, I donated seventeen inches of my hair. I chopped it off myself as a spur of the moment decision late one night when I couldn’t fall asleep. Some of my best decisions are made at 3 AM lol.
46. I am a really big believer in chivalry. It isn’t dead and when I see it, it’s beautiful.
47. I am horrible at following people back on social media because busy/cluttered news feeds make me anxious.
48. When I was younger, I had an extensive rock collection. Each rock had a human name and I remembered all of the names.
49. I am a huge environment person. I am very particular about not littering and making sure to recycle. I rarely believe in confrontation, but if I see someone in public littering, I will call them out and I will not be subtle about it.
50. As cliché as it may sound, my biggest dream in life is to make a difference in the world. I don’t know what it will be yet, but I want to leave something great behind. God willing.
Well, that's 50! I hope you found this at least a little entertaining to read! I'm curious to know an interesting fact about you, leave it in the comments below!
Hope you have a great day!