Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quick & Easy DIY Projects for your Wedding

Hello again! I hope everyone is having an awesome week so far. I am currently waiting for my friend to get out of class so we can get together for lunch and I thought I would do a short and sweet post on some simple DIY projects that can be used for a wedding of any budget.Hope you like it and let me know if you try any of these ideas!

PS. I finally got around to updating the 'About' section of the site, so all the tabs at the top of this page are finally complete. Yay! Also, if you have any suggestions for songs I can add to the 'Playlist' section, please let me know and I will add those:)

1. I really liked this mailbox idea for wedding guests to leave cards for the couple getting married. You can find similar mailboxes at most craft stores and there are usually a lot more available during the days leading up to  Valentine's Day. I have seen them constructed with ordinary and unfinished wood, so they can be painted and decorated to match any wedding decor. Just make sure that if you use this idea, you emphasize the fact that this is not a money box as it would not be secure for that purpose. You could also use the mailbox in your home after the wedding is over and leave letters to your hubby! :)


2. I love this idea for an outdoor wedding that carries on through the night. It would be too much effort to do this for a day wedding because the candlelight would not be highly visible, but would look amazing after dark. All you need are mason jars (baby food jars work too!), ribbon that matches your decor, and some tea lights. And, voila! These make a great atmosphere and would look stunning in the backdrop of your wedding shots!

3.  This next idea would be a great centerpiece option (or for your sweetheart table if you don't want to make very many). Basically all you need are some photos of the couple, different sized glass jars with lids, water, and some yellow food coloring for a "vintage" effect. The water and shape of the jar will give your photos a cool magnified effect and the shots are sure to make great conversation starters among your guests!


4. Here is another idea for outdoor weddings. Sorry, can you tell I'm a little bit obsessed with those? So, this one requires literally no explanation. Just wrap strings of lights around the trees at your venue and it will create an awesome effect. This idea also works better for weddings at night, but would work for day time events better than the hanging tea lights. 




No comments: