Saturday, September 19, 2015

How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake (PHOTO TUTORIAL)

I made pineapple upside down cake yesterday and photographed all the steps to share on the blog in case the results warranted sharing. Well, it turned out to be delicious and my family LOVED it. I served it immediately after taking it out of the oven while the pineapple was hot and gooey in the butter and brown sugar mixture. The cake itself had a “flan-type” consistency because of the pudding I mixed into the cake batter. I would recommend serving while hot, but I have to say, the leftover piece I had for breakfast this morning was ALMOST just as divine.

Also, I don’t own a cast iron skillet, so I used two round cake pans, but I imagine this is the type of cake that would bake really well in a skillet if you have one available.

As you will see, my end product is not the most aesthetically pleasing because for some reason I decided to STACK the cakes and kind of missed the target, but I assure you the taste made up for its looks.

Without further ado, let’s get into how you can make your own pineapple upside down cake! If you end up trying it, let me know. I would love to see your creation!

I hope you enjoy this photo tutorial. It’s a new style I’m trying J

No comments: