Saturday, December 14, 2013

Late Night Painting!

I recently ran across this simple canvas painting on Danielle Oakey Interiors and fell in love with the idea of painting vertical streaks in a variety of colors to create a fun effect. So, last night while I was fighting a bad case of the caffeine shakes as a result of too many cups of tea, I started mixing colors. With no real method, I was just going with the flow. When I looked down, I liked what I saw and decided to paint it onto a canvas. I added the arabic word 'Allah' which is another name for God and kaboom! I called it 'Allah: My Truest BFF'. I really love how it turned out! I thought I would share it with y'all because a lot of times I feel as if art doesn't require much planning. Some of the pieces I am most happy with are ones I come up with on the fly while fighting a bout of caffeine overdose. Let me know what you think!

The Inspiration

Mixing Colors


The Finished Painting

No comments: